Wednesday, December 13, 2006

November 22nd Journal Entry, Unedited and Uncut

I received a greater light tonight while praying for my son before bedtime. At the end of my prayer, I prayed that the Lord would put a great love in Logan’s heart for the Living God. As I prayed this I felt God affirming me as His daughter and He let me for a short time experience His fatherly love for me as I have never before felt it.

I have been complaining in my heart a lot lately and ungrateful for my position on this earth. Sometimes I am even resentful of my affluence and religious freedom because I fear that my reward in heaven shall be less because I am not persecuted.

But my Dad in heaven hath shown me that all has been given to me as a gift from Him. He wants me to have it and He is pleased to give it. And I should be thankful for it so long as it is mine because He loves me and wants my happiness. And should I walk around grudgingly and without thankfulness, I am shirking His gift. I am throwing it back in His face and labeling it unacceptable. But, alas! He is the Potter and I, the clay. And the thing molded shall not say to the one who molded it, “Why have you made me like this?” Nor shall the thing made say to its maker, “Why have you placed me here?” For its Maker shall place the vessel wherever He pleases.

And God has placed me here and here I shall follow Him and that with an uncomplaining heart.

No comments: