Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My son the fanatic

My seven year old is a sports FANATIC. He loves basketball. Well, he loves all sports but especially basketball. And he is now creating basketball schedules for himself. He came to me today and said, "Mom, I have a game at 3:40pm."

Around 2:30pm we did Reading (Logan is reading to me the book John Smith) and I was so tired I started falling asleep. After he was finished, I asked him his science review questions and then we only had History left. I was so tired that I said, "Let's take a small break before we do History, just 10 minutes." By this time it was 3:19pm. Logan's like, "No! I don't want to be late for my game! I want to do history right now, Mom."

Well! I was tired but how could I refuse my seven year old wanting to get History over and done with? So, I read to him about the Vikings and resolved to do review questions tomorrow. Then, I curled up on the couch for a nap. Logan says to Job and me, "I've still got about ten minutes. I'm not going downstairs just yet." Then five minutes later, he says, "I'm going down now to get ready for my game!"

I can't remember who he played but he later informed me that his team won. He is always the Kansas Jayhawks and he's always playing some other college basketball team such as Texas Tech or Mizzou.

No comments: