Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bad Day

So…today is very hard. I started my first “lessons” with my two boys today. It didn’t go as great as I thought it should. Logan wasn’t really interested in his activity. It might have had something to do with the workmen who were here to install a radon mitigation system in our basement. All he wanted to do was stand outside and talk to them. But I couldn’t allow him to bombard these poor unsuspecting strangers with his usual game of 100 questions in ten minutes. Instead, I let him bombard me.

Mom, can I have this? Mom, can I have that? Mom, can I play video games? Mom, can I go outside? But I just want to talk with the workers! Mom, will you play with me? Mom, will you help me put the choo-choo track together? Mom, what’s this? What do you do with it? Why? How come? Mom, I’m hungry! Can I have some candy? When will my lunch be ready? Mom, I’m hungry. After I have lunch, can I have some candy? Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and this isn’t even the half of it. And Job has been very whiny all morning. And I just want to pull out my hair! Maybe I would if I didn’t have a headache. It’s not a horrible headache but it’s just enough to cause me added stress.

Also, the ringing in my ear is worse. I’m pretty sure it is because I had so much diet coke last Friday. Ever since, the ringing has become louder. I have Tinnitis in my ears and a partial hearing loss because of it and drinking caffeine irritates it and apparently can make it worse!

On the bright side, we no longer have poisonous radon gas pouring into our home and I was able to share gospel tracks with the two men who came to put in the system! Pretty cool!

No comments: