Friday, November 10, 2006

A Nation Divided

When I heard that Amendment 2 passed, I cried. I cried because I lamented all of the lives that would be lost in the name of medical advancement. I was upset that Claire McCaskill won over Jim Talent in the Senate because of the repercussions that our children and their children will have to suffer due to the decisions that she will make. It is very tempting to despair over such things especially when it seems like we are losing battle after battle. The democrats now hold the Senate as well as the House. It’s depressing, really. But strangely, I am not depressed.

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 when I awoke I cried over Amendment 2. However, my sorrow ended with that cry. God’s peace washed over me. He told me that this turn of events was from Him, that He might accomplish His good purpose. As soon as He told me this I quickly became excited. I am excited to see His hand in this unfortunate turn of events. I am excited to see what He will do! I rest fully assured that He is in complete control! I rest knowing that Claire McCaskill and the Democrats are not the victors here. They are in office because God has orchestrated it and He will use it for good.

So I know that God is in control and I also know something else. This country is split right down its very center. So many of the races this past Tuesday were extremely close. McCaskill won with 51% of the vote! That is barely over half! The other half voted for Talent! The same thing happened with Amendment 2. And the Democrats hold the Senate and House but only by a few! Split right down the middle—give or take! This nation is divided. And we all know what the Bible says about a nation that is divided.

No comments: