Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's all about Him in worship

Something the Lord has taught me and impressed upon my heart over the years is that worshiping Him is not about what I feel like doing. When I walk into that sanctuary to sing songs unto the Lord, I do it, not because I feel like it, but because I was created to do so. When I stand in that pew, I have a choice to make. Either I am going to lift my hands and my voice and my heart to Him because He is worthy or I am not because I would rather selfishly indulge in how I don't feel like worshiping.

Worshiping the Lord isn't about what I feel like doing. It is about bowing before the King because He is worthy of all praise. Sometimes I really feel like lifting my hands, sometimes I don't. But I lift them every time because it's all about Him and not about me!

2 comments:

iBond said...

Great word!

Well said!

Diane V. said...

I actually find that it's easier for me to worship corporately than to have an attitude of worship at all times - like in the mundane everyday ordinary stuff of life! But THAT is what I was created for - a life of continual praise, worship and adoration to a God most worthy! Oh Lord, make it be so - to worship You at all times!

BTW, did I know you had a blog? Well, I found you because you commented on Dr. Grant's site recently. I love that quote by Hodge. He posted it once before and I shared it at one of the women's prayer nights.

I'm hoping to get off my blogging sabbatical! I just started swimming laps again in preparation for a triathlon and so you should see an entry soon! :)