Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lightning Works

Alright, ya'll. God is stinking AWESOME. I was out picking up some poison, A.K.A. Dairy Queen, for my husband when I surveyed a most wondrous light show up in the sky. The sky above was clear as crystal with stars and moon shining brilliant but just to the south was a huge thunderstorm and the lightning lit up the treeline like fireworks on the 4th of July. It was spectacular. And an amazing testimony of God's power and might. I was in awe. I wanted to pop some popcorn and pull up a lawn chair for an hour or so.

So, I get home and I tell my husband that he has to run to the end of the street to see this awesome light show. He comes back panting and says, "I want the boys to see this!" So, my two boys, who should have been catching some z's, were hurried upstairs and out the front door to see this work of God's creation. They weren't as impressed as Mike and I and Logan was half afraid he was going to get zapped but it was totally worth it. Thank you, Jesus, for the experience!

No comments: