Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So, I went to pick up my baby's prescription eye drops today. Unfortunately, it was the first time I had to order a prescription for him so none of our insurance was entered into the computer under his name. This prompted the pharmacist to ask, "Do you have insurance to help you pay for this?" I'm thinking, "Do I have insurance to pay for this? What kind of question is that?" Um, yes I do, why (just out of curiosity) do you ask? That's when I found out he wasn't entered into the computer yet. Yep, had to sit there and wait for 5 minutes, which isn't a very long time, unless of course you are sitting there waiting.

So, when all was typed and done, I owed $8. But then I just had to ask, "How much did it cost before?" I mean, seriously, how much could one teeny tiny (probably less than two teaspoon fulls) bottle of antibiotic eye drops cost? Drum roll please..........$50!!! Whoa. That is some serious dough. I immediately had this mental picture of a man standing in the parking lot and both his arm and leg fell off simultaneously. So, as much as I hate to admit it, I was thankful to God for my insurance today. It's a love-hate relationship. I hate insurance companies, but I love having to pay only $8 so my baby's eye infection will clear up! :)

No comments: